- 2 Sisters launches welfare fund to help most vulnerable colleagues
- Assistance offered through a number of support channels
2 Sisters Food Group is proud to launch a major new welfare fund to help support colleagues suffering financial difficulties as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
It is clear that coronavirus will continue to affect us all for many months to come, and after examining the various options for the past few weeks, the business is pleased to confirm the further support it can offer colleagues who may be struggling financially.
This support will include:
- Non-repayable welfare payments
- Additional leave (paid or unpaid) for those who need additional time to sort out any financial difficulties
- External and internal support from experts to help manage people’s finances and budget issues
Ronald Kers, CEO, 2 Sisters Food Group, said: “We are proud of our role in helping feed the nation and the huge importance of the thousands of our colleagues across the UK who play a vital role.
“We do recognize that especially during tough times, our colleagues lives can be turned upside down by job losses in their household, by bereavement or long-term illness. Quite often things on the surface may seem OK, but in fact there can be hidden hardship and it can happen for many reasons.
“This is why we’re reaching out to colleagues who may need that extra help right now. We are launching today a £1 million welfare fund and further support package, to help our colleagues, where we can.”
See all our news