2 Sisters signs up to the new UK Soy Manifesto
15 November 2021
2 Sisters has joined leading brands including Marks & Spencer, Tesco, Nestle, Nando’s, and KFC UK and Ireland in signing up to the new UK Soy Manifesto.
As a key source of protein, our main use of soya is as an ingredient in our animal feed, by signing the manifesto we further demonstrate our commitment to ensuring that the soya we use is cultivated in a sustainable manner
Signatories include all of the biggest UK grocery retailers, some of the largest meat producers, and food service companies. In total, 27 major UK businesses have committed to buying only soya that has been grown without deforestation or removal of native vegetation by 2025. Between them they represent nearly 2 million tonnes of soy purchases each year and almost 60% of total soy bought by UK industries.
In order to move with pace towards this goal, all signatories agree to:
- Setting a robust deforestation and conversion-free commitment.
- Asking direct suppliers to adopt the same commitment – and require that of their suppliers as well.
- Writing Manifesto commitments into contracts and supporting suppliers to ensure targets are met.
- Publicly sharing details of their progress.
- Support improved reporting.
Image copyright ofSee all our news